utorak, 15. rujna 2015.

Review: The Grisha Trilogy ~ Leigh Bardugo


Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1)
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.








I must admit that It will be an challenge to write so good review as this books deserve. Honestly, first I could scream like a fan girl because these books are one of the best I have ever read.

I can be ashamed it took me so long to buy and read it and it is regrettable that not even one of the Croatian publishing houses has not looked down on these pearls because books are top YA fantasy.



I find it hard to create you idea of the whole this order in an imaginary country Ravka, surrounded by enemies on all sides, and the mere threat of getting stronger inside. I'll do my best to describe how much I liked this series, not to spoil things.

In this book Grishas are as the witches other books, but here each order Grisha has its own power. There is Darkling, their boss that they all held together and the leader of the Second Army, consisting Corporalki, Etheralki and Materialki. More on all of them can be found on the author's website .



The story follows the main character, Alina and Ravka through her eyes, the way she reveals herself and what she is from birth, and her journey from an ordinary girl to something much larger than she ever thought.

Darkling, the most powerful Grisha wants Alina. Why, when she's just an ordinary girl who makes maps? Is it possible that Alina is a little more than what she wants to show to the world. Darklig knows her mind and wants her with him.

Mal has always been there, Alina and he spent the days playing together, growing up, but binds them something a lot more powerful than just a strong children's friendship? Love or something more ...?

The whole story is wrapped in mystery of a Middle Age and is located in the country like Russia, even some words are borrowed.





All three books have quite a fast pace. Shadow and Bone is phenomenal. I could not stop until I read it and then I left starving in the desire for more Grisha world. When you think you have it, it's suddenly reversed and you are screaming at the book 'No, no, no, this is not possible'. Remarkable and unexpected upheavals will totally throw you and boost you even for these books. That's why I fell behind the reviews because after every book I had to go on and read the other one, I did not have time to write opinions about books. The second part, Siege and Storm has a bit of a slower pace than Shadow and Bone but still is very interesting, and only
draws us further into the heart of Ravka and the need for its rescue. Ruin and Rising, the big finale of the first two books leavs you kneeling down, at the end you just need more,because you still covery for its heroes, and even villains. To be truthful, in the end of this series, I expected, or rather wished, in a slightly different way, but all in all I'm still very happy with what I got, and even enthusiastic.

The books has draw mountain of emotions, from sadness to joy, from apprehension and want to laugh out loud, and you know that I'm a big fan of emotion in books. Leigh is a great storyteller. 



Ultimately, I would say that Grisha Trilogy is something like Game of Thrones for young. Without explicit scenes but equally bloody. 

Therefore, in the end there is nothing left except to pray to God that someone translate this fabulous book because you will not remain indifferent to them. I first fell in love with this wonderful cover, and then in the story, which is really a crazy slide followed by great impression. 



I can not wait Six of Crows to arrive and to return to Ravka:D 


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar